KERALA COMBO MEAL


Sadhya is a banquet of vegetarian dishes and payasam’s, traditionally served on a banana leaf in KeralaIndia.  A Sadhya has about 24–28 dishes served as a single course and mildly spiced.  It is a vegetarian feast prepared for Onam, Weddings and other special events.  In other parts of Kerala, Sadhya includes non-vegetarian as well,
Here I have not made a typical Sadhya, instead I have used variations in my meal, hence I call it as Kerala Combo meal.  My family loves to have Congee, so I have substituted it for Rice and we being from the extreme south coastal area, for us there is no great meal without seafood.
Through my combo meal I have displayed a banquet of dishes using variety of spices, including  Kappa (tapioca) Chembu (Colocasia) that is widely consumed in Kerala. 
Click on the links below for the recipe details.


Congee (Rice Porridge)

Cabbage thoran (Cabbage with Coconut)

Cherupayar Mezhukkupuratti

Ulli theeyal (Baby Shallots in Coconut)

Tapioca Stair Fry

Kaddu Mango

Oven baked Pappadam

Semiya Payasam

Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE this Blog and like us on www.facebook.com/inishkitchen if you have liked this recipe and wish to receive more updates on the upcoming posts.

Comments