DUM FISH MASALA


Cooking requires guesswork, experimentation, substitution and improvisation — dealing with failure and uncertainty in a creative way.

Dum Fish Masala is one of my special recipes that has always and consistently won all the cooking contests wherever I have presented. This has been my secret recipe that is not popularized. Being a food blogger, I hate the notion of a secret recipe. Recipes are meant to be shared and I love to pass it on to you.  


Watch the recipe video.
While I shoot and write down this recipe I have tons of memories hovering over me. The moments filled with happiness and tears and pride because a couple of years back this recipe had won me my 1st ever cooking contest that I had unintentionally participated in, only intending to use my day effectively while waiting for my daughter as she was attending her art competition. This was an absolutely joyous and tear rolling moment as I had only a few hours to plan and prepare for the contest and winning was never expected and this could be Luck By Chance!!!

Whatever…... The icing on the cake was, apart from winning I was awarded by a film star.

While the limelight continues I received another invitation to attend another cookery competition, which I could not refuse.  I prepared the same dish and oh my goodness…. couldn’t believe that I am again in the limelight. This time it can’t be Luck By Chance!!!  This built on my confidence and I knew food is the next love of my life. 



Recently this recipe has again won acclaim from celebrity Chef and I decided to share this recipe on my blog. Now let’s head to the recipe, and hopefully soon you will be prepare and relish this amazing recipe with you family and friends.


If you may like to check on my other fish recipes:
1.Karimeen Pollichathu / Fish Wrapped in Banana Leaf

2Netholi Fish Fry

3. Samak Mashwi Min Al-Iskandriyya


Fish Marinate Ingredients:
800 gms King Fish
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Chilly powder
½ tsp Coriander powder
2 tbsp Water
Salt to taste


Procedure : Mix the above ingredients and marinate the fish for 20 minutes. Thereafter shallow fry them with 3 to 4 minutes on each sides.


Masala Ingredients:

Whole Spices:
2 Bay leaves
1 Cinnamon stick
1 tsp Peppercorns
½ Mace flower
Salt to taste

Powder spices: 
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Chilly powder
½ tsp Cumin powder
1 tbsp Kassuri Methi
3 onions, sliced

Veg ingredients: 
1 inch ginger, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 chilies, slit
1 large tomatoes, chopped
2 large Onions, chopped 




Masala Procedure:

Heat the same fish fry pan and add in the WHOLE SPICES.


Then add in the VEG INGREDIENTS: ginger, garlic, onions and salt.


Saute until the onions become translucent. Then add in the green chilies and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes turn mushy.

Add the powder spices and let them all cook together for a minute or so.


Dum Preparation: In a large flat pan, layout the Masala as base and then the fish. Cover with foil paper and lid. Heat a iron cast pan and place the fish filled pan over and allow it to sit on dum for another 20 minutes. 



Thus yummy DUM FISH MASALA is ready.



CAPSICUM GHEE RICE

Ingredients:

1 cups Basmati rice
1 big bowl of capsicum, chopped
4 tbsp ghee
1 onion sliced
4 green chilies
5 peppercorns
2 bay leaves

Salt to taste

Procedure:

Soak the rice for 15 minutes.

Heat 3 table ghee and stir fry the capsicum. Remove the capsicum and in the same pan on high flame saute the rest of the ingredients along with remaining 1 tbsp ghee. 


Thereafter add 3 to 3.5 cups of hot water. Once it begins to boil, cover with lid and cook on low flame until the rice is fluffy and ready. Now add in the fried capsicum.


and your CAPSICUM GHEE RICE is ready.


Do try this recipe and don’t forget to let me know if you like it through comments. Be kind to like my page and share with your friends using the buttons on the side, that would really encourage me. God Bless!


Please do SUBSCRIBE this Blog and like us on www.facebook.com/inishkitchen if you liked this recipe and wish to receive more updates on the upcoming posts   


Comments